Internship: Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies
4 hours per week during term time (these hours will be fixed but can be arranged around study timetables)
Salary: £7.87 per hour
To start September 2016 (or earlier if available)
The Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies (CEES) has a vacancy for a student intern. Applications are invited from students studying any discipline. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the Centre. The Intern will work closely with, and be responsible to, the Centre’s Administrator in the marketing and promotion of the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies and related activities. The successful candidates will use their initiative, be proactive, creative and responsive. The role will include in particular:
Set activities throughout the year including:
- Taking part in University Open Days: distributing promotional materials, talking to prospective students about the Centre’s opportunities and modules available, and answering queries.
- Act as Leeds Enterprise Ambassadors during Freshers’ Week to promote the modules and activities available to students in a creative and engaging way to raise awareness of what we do to both new and returning students.
- Write news articles for the website and actively contribute to the Facebook group and other social media activities by providing interesting content, information, videos and photos.
- Distribute promotional materials to across campus to schools and shared University buildings – helping to raise the awareness of the Centre’s discovery modules to all students across campus.
- Participate in various events, representing CEES; acting as a steward, guides and assisting visitors.
Working on specific projects: developing and contributing to exiting projects and being responsible for and creating new projects, fitting with and enhancing the work of the Centre.
Other help as required
This internship will provide excellent work experience and will enhance skills such as initiative, independence, communication skills, teamwork and creativity.
Essential Person Criteria
- Have an awareness and understanding of the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies.
- Be studying any degree programme at the University of Leeds.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- A creative thinker to develop new ways of promoting CEES and how to engage students
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual using own initiative
- Ability to manage own workload and to prioritise tasks
- A commitment to the continuous improvement of Leeds Enterprise Centre
Closing date: Please apply by Wednesday 4th May
Interviews will take place on Friday 20th May
How to Apply
By e-mail to Emily Carlill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV with covering letter, evidencing how you meet the essential person criteria
- A 600 word profile, focusing on an area that is important to you in your University life. Eg. Opportunities you have been given, a placement you have completed, sports etc. and highlighting what interests you about the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies.