Summer Internship: Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies
4 hours per week during summer time (these hours will be fixed but can be arranged around study timetables)
Salary: £7.87 per hour
To start June 2016
The Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies (CEES) has a summer vacancy for a student intern to create an active and engaged MSc Enterprise alumni network. Applications are invited from students studying any discipline. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the Centre. The Intern will work closely with, and be responsible to, the Director of MSc Enterprise. The successful candidate will use their initiative, be proactive, creative and responsive. The role will include in particular:
Set activities include:
- Creating an active and engaged MSc Enterprise alumni network
- Helping to deepen our understanding of what our graduates have done post-MSc
- Exploring support they need now and in the near future and developing support initiatives in conjunction with Spark and other relevant parties
- Soliciting their views on how the programme has helped them and how it could be developed to help future students and graduates
- Identifying opportunities for our alumni to help our current students e.g. via mentoring and networking
- Feeding back these findings to CEES colleagues
- Writing news articles for the website and actively contribute to the Facebook group and other social media activities by providing interesting content, information, videos and photos
- Participate in various events, representing CEES; acting as a steward, guide and assisting visitors
- Other help as required.
This internship will provide excellent work experience and will enhance skills such as initiative, independence, communication skills, teamwork and creativity.
Essential Person Criteria
- Have experience of, or interest in, Enterprise
- Have an awareness and understanding of the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies.
- Be studying any degree programme at the University of Leeds.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- A creative thinker to develop new ways of promoting CEES, the MSc Enterprise and how to engage MSc Enterprise alumni and students
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual using own initiative
- Ability to manage own workload and to prioritise tasks
- A commitment to the continuous improvement of the Centre.
Closing date: Please apply by 5pm, Tuesday 7th June 2016
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 22nd June 2016
How to Apply
By e-mail to Emily Carlill (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV with covering letter, evidencing how you meet the essential person criteria
- A 600 word profile, focusing on why you would be the right person for the job.