- Job title: Doctoral Researcher
- Email: email@example.com
- Faculty: Leeds University Business School
- School: Management Division
- Areas of expertise: Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies
MA Social and Public Policy, University of Leeds
MRes Advanced Marketing Management, Lancaster University
Interdisciplinary Summer School, University of Cambridge
BSc General Management, German University in Cairo
Project Title: How do Social Enterprises emerge as a civic need within the emerging markets? Egypt as a case study.
Summary of Research Area:
Sherif Youssef is a doctoral researcher at the Centre of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies at Leeds University Business School and The Bauman Institute at the School of Sociology and Social Policy. Sherif is an Organizational Theorist with a background in marketing and public policy. His research focuses on Hybrid organisations such as social enterprises in the emerging markets, which aims to address societal challenges while creating some financial revenues. He has a broader research interest looking at the economics of innovation, patient finance and economic growth.
SLSP1150 Politics and Social Transformations
SLSP1170 Understanding and Researching Contemporary Society
SLSP1220 Social Policy: Poor Laws to the Present
SLSP2675 Sociology of Work
LUBS1010 Understanding Social Enterprise
British Sociological Association
International Sociological Association
British Academy of Management
- International Sociological Association World Congress of Sociology 2018/ Toronto-Canada (Paper Accepted: Social Enterprises in Egypt: Towards Building Inclusive Markets and Creating Sustainable Economic Growth).
- Tech4Dev UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development International Conference 2018- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)/ Switzerland (Poster: Unslumming of the slum: Measuring Social Enterprise Impact in Cairo Slums).
- Takaful Annual Conference 2017- The American University in Cairo/ Egypt (Paper: Redefining Education? The rise of Social Enterprises within the education sector in Egypt).
- British Academy of Management Doctoral symposium 2017- University of Warwick/ UK (Paper: Social Enterprises in the Emerging Markets: Creating Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth in National Innovation Systems. Egypt as a Case Study).
- Institute for International Development 8th Postgraduate Conference 2017- University of Sheffield/ UK (Paper: Redefining Education? The rise of Social Enterprises within the education sector in Egypt).
- Centre for Employment Relations Innovation and Change (CERIC) Doctoral Conference- University of Leeds/ UK (Poster: State of the North: Investigating the UK policy for Early Stage Entrepreneurs)
- White Rose Annual Doctoral Conference 2017- University of York/ UK (Poster: Social Enterprises in the Emerging Markets: Creating Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth in National Innovation Systems. Egypt as a Case Study)
- Political Studies Association Annual International Conference 2017- University of Strathclyde / UK (Paper: From Crowding ‘Out’ to Crowding ‘In’: Investigating the UK Entrepreneurial State in the North of England).
- British Sociological Association Conference 2017- University of Manchester/UK (Poster: In Search of the Entrepreneurial state in the North of England: Investigating the UK Entrepreneurship Policy for Early Stage Entrepreneurs).
- Regional Innovation Policies Conference 2016- Cardiff University/ UK (Paper: In Search of the Entrepreneurial State in the North of England: Investigating the UK policy for Early Stage Entrepreneurs).
- International Social Innovation Research Conference 2016- Glasgow Caledonian University/ UK (Paper: The Rise of Educational Entrepreneurship in Egypt: A Case Study).
- Sociology and Social Policy MA Conference 2016- University of Leeds/ UK (Paper: In Search of the UK Entrepreneurial State: Investigating the UK Policy for Early Stage Entrepreneurs).